Saturday, February 6, 2010

Yes, another "Guardin' Koi"

I painted and sent another fishie on its way. This one went to Pomona for the charity art auction that Von Hot Rod holds with his Pinstripers' Reunion every year at the Grand National Hot Rod Show.














Why I decided to do the lettering inside the mouth is beyond me. Was a cool idea at the time, but EGADS what a pain in the arse! Lettering is definitely not one of my stronger skills.

 
Still, I’m pretty happy with the way this guy turned out. 
I had originally intended to do the areas now in Sublime green in gold leaf, but the gremlins invaded my paint area and hid my sizing. Needless to say I was less than thrilled about that.


















1 comment:

Carassia said...

How cute is that! Makes me just want to tickle his fat belly.. :-)
Jutta