Thursday, May 13, 2010

3 Wire Cuff Unleashed

Jackie of Feeling Stone Gifts created this wonderful tutorial. She gave the basics of the technique, and then basically tells you to ‘have at it’ with the embellishment.
 
A great way to use a lot of ‘stray’ beads I have had around for a while.


















My embellishments ended up manifesting themselves on the ends of the cuff. I added extra wire loops, which provided more foundation for the freeform part. Perfect place for one of these heart beads!









If you can't tell I love red, look again! Ok, purple is my favorite color, but red is a close 2nd! Every bead is some shade of red, even the ones that look black.









Even though it didn't call for one in the tutorial, I added a clasp. Even though I put it on to see how it would be without a clasp, I know it would be just one epic flail (haha! Thanks, Lyz!) away from flying off.









All I can say if you make jewelry, newbie or veteran, this is a fun exercise in creativity.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Kat's Custom Kreations said...

That is beautiful! I may have to try my hand at it. It would be a good exercise to stretch the abstract part of my mind that doesn't like to come out and play very often!
Great job!